Axis2 REST client with Apache sling on server side

Axis2 REST client with Apache sling on server side

Amit Sharma
Hi,

I need to develop a REST client application that consumes a REST based web service written in some non-Axis2 framework like Apache Slign or Jersey. As far as I can think, this should not be possible as from what I've read from online docs is that Axis2 treats a REST request internally as a SOAP message. If the server side is also Axis2, then it would understand this and handle it gracefully but a non-Axis2 framework should not understand it as a valid REST call and therefore should fail.

Can someone suggest or atleast provide some pointers